On October 19, 2014 in the early morning hours Trail and Greater District RCMP were called to a report of a sudden death in East Trail. A 41 year old Trail resident was found deceased in a residence from a possible drug overdose. The BC Coroner Service have now confirmed that the male died from a fentanyl overdose. Of note, later on the evening of October 19, 2014 police were called to another male who was suffering from an apparent overdose and was taken to hospital. This male was lucky to survive.
Police are cautioning that fentanyl may be sold as heroin. Fentanyl is much stronger than heroin and can lead to accidental overdoses when consumed