Rossland Rotary Club is celebrating its 25th annual Wine Tasting Festival event with a Polyester Disco Nights dance from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Miner’s Union Hall, following the wine festival at the Prestige Mountain Resort from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Tickets are limited and going fast with the discounted ticket price expiring soon at the end of next week, Jan. 26. The event is on Saturday, Feb. 22.
Tickets for the wine festival and dance are now $65 ($70 after Jan. 26). These tickets have priority entrance at the dance; a limited number of these tickets are available.
Tickets for the wine festival only are now $55 ($60 after Jan 26). Tickets are available at the Powderhound in Rossland or from any Rossland Rotary Club member.
At the Prestige Mountain Resort participants will enjoy regional wines and beer, appetizers by Gabriella’s, a silent auction, door prizes and more.
At the Miner’s Union Hall, the infamous DJ Mike Cole will take us back in time to dance to the music of the disco era. Dress to the era of dance and color is encouraged, just imagine the Miner’s Union Hall full of dancers in shimmering polyester and hair of disco days.
This annual event is Rossland Rotary’s primary fundraiser.
Proceeds are used to support local and International Rotary Club Projects, such as:
• fundraising for the Rossland Skateboard Park
• temporary housing and essentials for Philippines and Haiti
• funds to help with the Alberta flood
• sending local exchange students to Germany and Italy
• send local students to the Rotary Youth Leadership Program and the Adventures in Citizenship Program in Ottawa
• scholarships to Rossland High School graduates
• support the Interact Club of Rossland, for their local and international projects