Friday, June 7
• TRAIL MARKET The City of Trail and the Trail & District Chamber of Commerce are re-launching the Trail Market on the Esplanade on June 7 until Oct. 11, every two weeks on Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. For booking enquiries contact the Chamber at 368-3144.
Wednesday, June 12
• West Kootenay Friends of Refugees is hosting another fundraiser. This time its Burgers and Beer at the Shovel. They’ll have music, silent auction, 50/50, door prizes, good company and whatever else they come up with between now and then. At the Flying Steamshovel from 6-9 p.m. Cost: $20, which gets you a Shovel burger and a pint of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer (Sorry, substitutions will be an extra charge). Tickets must be purchased in advance by June 10 from a WKFoR volunteer. No tickets at the door.
Friday, June 14
• Canadian Burlesque and Cabaret legend Sasha Van Bon Bon is coming to Rossland on June 14 in the Rossland Art Gallery. Doors open at 7:45 p.m. and tickets are $15 in advance at RossVegas. The burlesque extravaganza will be accompanied by musical guests and feature debut performances by local talent, “The Cute Knees.”
Friday, June 19
• The RSS Pac will be sponsoring an RSS community barbeque on Friday, June 14. RSS kids, first burger and pop free. Everyone else, $2 for a burger and 50 cents for a pop. Volunteers needed to help cook for the BBQ (Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Saturday, June 29
• Gold Fever Follies For 25 years the Rossland Gold Fever Follies has been going strong with original stories from Rossland’s rich gold mining history. While artistic license is often in play, many of the characters are based on real people from Rossland’s past. This live musical theatre show, held in the restored 1898 Miners Hall, only runs for two months. Performances take place from June 29 to Aug. 24. Showings are at 3 pm and 7:30 pm, Tuesday through Saturday. This year’s new show is called A job well done, a brand new comedy by Kate Eldridge with music by Harris Anderson.
• The Rossland Museum is now open daily 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., closed Monday and Tuesday. Open daily July and August 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. including holidays. Admission is adults $10; children 6-13 $3; students 14+ $5; seniors 60+ $8; children under six free. Family rate is $28 based on two adults and children.