Programming News: Rossland Public Library Association is currently seeking enthusiastic and committed board members for one and two year terms. If you are interested, please come to our AGM at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 11 at the library. For more information, call us at 250-362-7611 or email email@example.com.
• Maureen Brownlee, author of Cambian Blue and Rosa Jordan, author of In Search of a Happy Ending, are coming to the library on Tuesday, May 3 to host a writing workshop during the day and an evening of reading, conversation, and writing at 6:30 p.m. This will be our first in-person author talk since the pandemic began.
• Our Spring Fling after school program begins on April 12 and will run from 3 to 4 p.m. every Tuesday until June 14. Join us for spring-themed learning, crafts, experiments, and activities.
• Kids aged 5 – 10 are invited to Yoga with Drea on Tuesday, April 26 from 3:15 to 3:45 p.m. Register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only 12 spots available.
• On Saturday, April 23, we will be hosting our second Board Game Café for families.
• Lego Days are Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Books and Babies is every Friday from 11-11:30 in Harry’s Room.
Art in the Library: Our very own Abigail Steel is being featured, as well as Genevieve Connolly. Works by Morgan Bialkowski, Lauren Mask, Janell Lancaster, Sue Deane, and Julie MacDermott are in Harry’s Room.
• Artists interested in having their work displayed may apply online at https://rossland.bc.libraries.coop/local-artwork-in-the-library/
Book Clubs: On April 27 at 6:30 p.m., Raven Reads is tackling the short fiction collection Stone Mattress by Margaret Atwood. For more information, contact us at email@example.com
• The Indigenous Book Club is meeting Tuesday, May 17 at 7 p.m. to discuss From the Ashes by Jesse Thistle.