Businesses that want to learn more about the Provincial Sales Tax can join interactive webinars offered by the provincial government in July and August.
Space is limited.
The interactive webinar will cover the general principles of the PST and the new eTaxBC online business registration service. Registration and information is available at: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
Webinars are scheduled for:
- • Wednesday, Aug. 7 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- • Wednesday, Aug. 21 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Government is reaching out to businesses throughout B.C. to ensure they have the support they need to make a smooth transition back to the PST, which came into effect on April 1. Additional PST tools and services available to help businesses include:
• PST Specialists: If you operate a business in B.C., you can sign up for a ministry PST Specialist to review your accounting and reporting systems to ensure your systems are properly set up to comply with the provincial sales tax laws: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
• PST bulletins and notices – including the recent publications: “What’s Taxable under the PST and What’s Not” and the “Small Business Guide to PST”.
• Videos online: Returning to the PST – An Overview for Business; PST in B.C. Online Registration; How to File and Pay PST in B.C.; PST in BC Third Party Preparer.
• Businesses with questions about the PST can call our toll-free help line – 1 877 388-4440 or email questions to: CTBTaxQuestions@gov.bc.ca